Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Blog 7 - Second Interview Preparation

1.  Who is your mentor and where do they work?  If their workplace does not reflect their expertise, what makes them an expert? My mentor is my aunt, Claudia Yuskoff, who works for a Hispanic advertising company called Conill. I feel like my aunt is considered an expert because she worked in the marketing and advertising field for good amount of time. The way promotions work is based on being able to prove yourself for every project instead of places that promote yearly. You can get promoted randomly from the agency side and my aunt was recognized for her extraordinary skills with quick promotions to a respected position. I witnessed that she contained a lot of confidence,social skills, leadership qualities and quickly realized why she got promoted so quickly. I already interviewed her but I feel like I can still soak in information from her.
2.  What five questions will you ask them about their background?
I already gained some basic knowledge of marketing from the first interview but I think I'll focus on getting in deeper on marketing subjects. I also wanted to know how she got pulled into the company and all her past experiences she had to do. It's common for people to get pulled in by a connection/friend they know in the business field especially. I will also ask about the steps she did and what she worked on in order to get promoted. She told me several books she read so I'm thinking I can close the interview off with deeper knowledge about the books and online information she looked for exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment