Saturday, September 19, 2015

Blog 5 - Interview 1 Reflection

Interview Audio

1. What is the most important thing I learned from the interview?  Is there anything I would do differently for other interviews? I Believed this interview was actually really helpful because I soaked in a lot of information. One of the biggest things that helped me is narrowing down my topic. I didn't know the different specializations in marketing because you can choose to work for the agency side, the client side, or the influencer side. My aunt works for the agency side so the knowledge I obtained was from that perspective. The agency side works in a big office with other people who collaborate on a project for the client side. They find an influencer and have a plan played out on how this person will promote the brand or product of the client. You will then present this on the date assigned to your client and they will respond positively or negatively. I learned a lot more but it would be too much to type out and this was the thing that stood out to me. I think this interview went well but I ended up getting more information even after I ended the recording that was valuable.  I mean a obvious change I'm going to make is different questions but besides that and maybe keeping the interview recording longer is nothing else.

2. Did I get additional resources and contacts?  What is the most useful?  Why? Yes I did, my mentor told me I could probably interview people in her field but a different aspect like maybe the writers, or the advertisers, influencers. I think one that might be hard but would be nice is getting someone who did a commercial for a company I like. So if I interviewed a influencer like LeBron James who did commercials for Nike it would be amazing but hard. I have several choices of who I want to interview next so it'll be a surprise. A resource that I really liked was the final commercial T-Mobile created from the EDM (Electric Dance Music) Festival "Electric Zoo". After the interview I talked to her about the concert since she went and she said it worked out well. They partnered with Deorro who was the star in the commercial, so I think this was the most useful because it was the end product and really interesting to me since I did research for all this. CLICK ME <---- The commercial.

3. What makes my interviewee qualified to help me?  I Believe my aunt is very successful in the marketing/advertising field. Just from volunteering I could see she has very good leadership qualities but good patience. I got to go into a meeting where she talked to a influencer who was kind of giving her a tough time on due dates. They were both at each others necks but they eventually came into a agreement that would be able to satisfy both of them. I don't even think she was leading the meeting but when she realized her coworkers were having a hard time convincing him to post his work she took charge. I realized her dominance, social, dedication and leadership traits is what made her get promoted so quickly. I truly believe that my aunt is an expert in this field.

4. Input
I wanted to add some input on the interview to improve the interview is laid out. I think one problem was the questions that were given to us were to bland and vague. I was talking to my Mentor and she said they were not very well written  and I heard a lot of other students say the same as well. But I think in all fairness it's too hard to create 5 questions that relate to every single students topics. In my opinion I feel the interview would be much smoother if we made our own questions. I also maybe thought that we should have a few questions to lead us in to conversation. What I mean by that is I think we all felt pressured to focus on the questions when sometimes info not relating to the questions could be helpful as well. I spent a extra 15-20 minutes talking about other things but I didn't know if it was irrelevant because most of it didn't directly answer any of my questions I had. Other than that I did like the Interview because I did gain a lot from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment