Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Blog 6 - Advisory Prep



1. What has worked well for you concerning senior project this year?  What has made it a positive experience for you?  What I feel has worked well for me is keeping a positive attitude through this project. A lot of people said to pick something you're not interested in because you'll end up hating it but I'm kind of thrilled to gain the experience. It saves me time to see if I really could see myself doing something like this in the future. I think whats made this a positive experience for me is the mentor ship hours. I was able to participate in the reality of my field directly and I gained a lot from it. I enjoyed the people who worked in the office and the environment, it was a really social and friendly environment. I had fun and was treated well so I actually look forward to going back to Conill.

2. What are you finding difficult concerning senior project?  How can you adapt to make that portion work better for you?  How might the senior team help? I find doing some of the interviews can be difficult because sometimes people in your field are extremely busy. The interview can already be rough but getting marked down by not doing it in person can be frustrating.  I feel Skype can still be valuable and if the face to face is a huge problem you could ask to turn on the camera. You can always adapt by finding someone local but sometimes they might not be ideal and you sacrifice a person with quality over Skype for a low quality face to face interview. I believe I gained a lot of information from my Skype interview and me and my mentor were still face to face because of cameras. So I got to see her body reactions to her answers and advice. I think becoming more lenient on the interview and being more open due to good interviews being hard to find could be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment