Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Blog 10 - Interview 2 Reflection

Interview Audio

1. Please explain how you are spending your mentorship time (Is it at a workplace or somewhere else?  Are you shadowing?  Are you able to do tasks that are meaningfully related to the topic?  If so, what?  Are there other people who are experts in the location?  Etc...) My mentorship hours are currently being completed at my aunts workplace but we've been talking and she said she can probably send me projects digitally so I can work on them at my house when I'm unable to commute to L.A. It would be kind of hard to find a marketing professional out in my area because most surround the cities, the only luck I might have is working with a business owner who has to market the company they own.

2.  How did you find your mentor?  How did you convince this person to help you?  I already knew I wanted to go into business and my aunt was already in the field so it was pretty convenient. I was choosing between entrepreneurship or marketing but I chose one of interest and efficiency.  I talked to my aunt in summer and asked her if she would be open to me working with her and she was pretty excited. So that made my decision and her decision and from there I visited her work to explore marketing and advertising.

3. How would you rate your comfort level with your mentor at this point in your relationship?  How does this relate to the time you've spent so far at mentorship/with this person. We were obviously already close because we're family but I feel like we did learn more about each other. I saw how she changed from an aunt to a mentor through her actions with me and her coworkers. She saw how I handled the directions and how I socialized with the co-workers of her.

4. What went well in this interview?  Why do you think so?  What do you still need to improve?  How do you know?  How will you go about it?  I felt what was really good in this interview was I was able to pull out a information. I think I was able to do so because my question were pretty straight forward and my aunt knew how to push in all the information I needed to know. What I might need to improve on is asking more followup questions, and specifically on vocabulary she mentions that I don't understand all the time. I know because I'll review the interview and be confused on exactly what she means when she mentions specific marketing terms. But ways I'll get it is do what I have been doing, look up the terms on the internet, or what I'll try to start doing is asking her to clarify on my confusions after shes doing talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment